[Alsfastball] LAKE SIMCOE LIGHTNING GRAB BRONZE IN BOBCAYGEON OASA’S .

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Sep 6 14:05:44 EDT 2005

From: "John Zeiger" <zigs at bellnet.ca>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>

LAKE SIMCOE LIGHTNING GRAB BRONZE IN BOBCAYGEON OASA’S.

A great tournament to be a part of The Lake Simcoe Lightning would like to
thank the volunteers of Bobcaygeon and Fenelon Falls for all the hard work
to make the Tournament a pleasure to play in.

The Lightning started their journey on Friday with Rick May leading the way
throwing a No Hitter against the home town Bobcaygeon team 4 – 0 in a
gritty game.

The second game saw the Lightning beat a strong Wyevale club 8 – 2 with a
full team effort.

Saturday night brought Fitzroy Harbor to face the Lightning team Fitzroy
won 3 – 1 despite a 3 hitter thrown by Jim Chilvers for the Lightning. A
intense game from the first pitch seeing both team making key plays.  The
Lightning couldn’t finish off the 7th inning rally leaving men at second
and third.

Game 4 for the Lightning Brought on the Gritty Colbourn team both teams
with their backs to the wall and the losing team goes home attitude saw a
big game by the Lightning with a 8 – 2 Win in another great team effort.

Having to play back to back the Lightning faced the Blackburn Bombers and
kept the intensity going with a convincing 9 – 3 Win and avenging last
years loss to the Bombers

Rick May picking up his 4th win of the tournament.

Next up was Belmore again back to back the Lightning go to the hot and
tired hand of Rick May.  Possibly the most entertaining game of the weekend
with a full crowd at hand, both teams did not disappoint.  A seesaw battle
with both teams running the tank dry to get to the Gold Medal
game.  Belmore started with a big first inning scoring 2 to take a 2 – 0
lead.  Only to be answered by the Lightning cashing 3 in the bottom of the
first.  Lightning moved to a 5 – 2 lead in the third but couldn’t hold on
as the Belmore’s bats prevailed seeing them score 8 runs to the Lightnings
6 in a game where the final was undecided to the last swing.

The finals were now set.

Belmore and Fitzroy Harbor I am unaware of the results but the Lake Simcoe
Lightning wish both teams luck.

The Lightning would like to thank John Kemp, Will Mcelroy, Joe Moore and
Mike Samways for joining our team for good ball and lots of laughs.  We
would also like to thank all the support we received from the friendly
people of Fenelon Falls and Bobcaygeon and we hope you enjoyed Lightning
Fastball.

John Zeiger
From: "John Zeiger" <zigs at bellnet.ca>

  Als Fastball List