[Alsfastball] PRAWN ruling : in support of Dean & Todd - Brian Baillie

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sun Sep 18 23:52:50 EDT 2005

From: "Brian Baillie" <baillie at cyg.net>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: PRAWN ruling : in support of Dean & Todd - Brian Baillie
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 21:13:51 -0400

Monkton, ON

First of all, kudos to both Dean and Todd for coming forth and voicing
their concerns on this issue.

You have both hit the nail on the head!!! - well written!!
Let me add this if I may...

Gentlemen/women of the ISC - governors,commisioners, player reps etc..

Your mandate of doing what is BEST for the game, and assuring that the
FINEST players and the BEST teams participate for the World Championship is
all for not.

  Todd mentions, he has "heard" that teams may simply pack it in. I will go
as far to say that I "know for fact" that a "number"  of  Top - 10 teams
are very close to doing so. I will also state, that there are a handfull of
other Top-10 teams who are considering not attending the ISC anymore.

The game needs the Sonnentags, Doc Simmons, Rod Petersons, Darren Derricks
and so on... But the time has come and there are those who WILL say -
enough is enough. Too many rules, too many headaches, too much to worry about.

It will be a very sad day when we lose sponsors, managers, players and
teams (World - class teams!!)  due to rules that are not well thought out.

Regards,

Brian Baillie - Chairman
World Fastball Invitational
Ass't Mgr - Kitchener Hallman Twins