press release: Monkton World Fastball Inv - Broadcast

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sun Feb 5 10:09:33 EST 2006

From:  "Brian Baillie" <baillie(at)cyg.net>

To:  "Al Doran" <fastball(aT)pmihrm.com>
Subject:  press release: Monkton World Fastball Inv. -2006

Monkton, Ont.

PRESS RELEASE

The organizing committee of the World Fastball Invitational is
very pleased to announce another FIRST
for our outstanding event!

We have reached an agreement to have (at least) the Championship
game BROADCAST LIVE from the ballpark via our major advertising
and marketing affiliate CKNX based is Wingham - who also operate
3 radio stations out of Wingham..  920AM,  94.5 "The Bull", and
FM102.

"This is something that we have been working on for a very long
time, and are extremely pleased to finally
have the broadcast coverage of our championship final  (or more),
and hopefully garner more attention to the sport itself.  The
teams andplayers deserve this - the game deserves it"...."we
will use this as a stepping stone from which we hope will give
us some momentum - some basis to work forward with and possibly
pursue this medium further."
"promoting not only our event, but fastball in general - has
been and will continue to be one of the fundamental values of
the tourny.  We want to see more kids back in the game, and it's
starting to prove itself - as we've seen a slight increase in
softball registrations in our minor programs - which is fantastic
- but we have along way to go! "

The Executive Organizing Committee
World Fastball Invitational
Monkton Ont.