Darren Derricks Deserves To Be Called Champion

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Aug 8 06:48:14 EDT 2006

From:  PeterJPorcelli(at)aol.com

Subject:  Darren Derricks Deserves To Be Called Champion ! I
personally wish to state

   Darren Derricks Deserves To Be Called Champion !

I personally wish to state that I am proud to see Circle Tap
succeed the Tampa Bay Smokers as National Champions! Darren has
built some folklore for Wisconsin with the Circle Tap Bar and
he has stuck to a philosophy of local talent being the primary
nucleus of the team and now has a National Championship to show
for it.

     Darren’s teams have, since the 50th ISC tourney in 1996
at Kimberley as far as I can I remember  them, have always fought
hard and have been a mainstay in the top ten, several big wins
in ISC competition and at least one bridesmaid in ASA Championship
play. Their consistency through the years, along with a balance
of speed, defense and offense is rarely seen elsewhere by other
top ten entries, which themselves have tended to be heavy in
one of those areas as a strength and ride it…..

     Circle Tap made a great run at The ISC last year as well,
and it should surprise no one that they walk away as champs amongst
American teams.

     I think the article that focused on Darren himself is very
appropriate, because this team is truly a reflection of him personally,
in so many ways. I have enjoyed watching this sponsor suit up
and show himself to be an agile defender that does justice to
American position players’ reputation for solid play.

    And above all, I have seen him as a competitor and one of
the fiercest, yet poised, in defeat as well as victory. Today
Darren and his organization stand victorious! I salute you Darren,
as a leader, and as an example of what a Champion stands for.

Respectfully,

Peter J. Porcelli, II

Reply to PeterJPorcelli(at)Aol.com

   fastball at pmihrm.com

2006 ISC World Tournament - Kitchener, Ontario
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/