Softball Canada FanZone

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sat Sep 16 00:21:40 EDT 2006

From:  <fanzone(at)softball.ca>

Subject:  Softball Canada FanZone - FanZone de Softball Canada

Thought of the Week:

Another weekend has arrived and with it comes a chance to contemplate
for a moment. All of us go through some very busy times and some
very demanding times in our lives. When we do, those challenges
tend to test the metal within us. At those times it is important
to remember, "In order to succeed greatly, you have to sacrifice
greatly. Nobody ever said it would be easy!!"

Drill of the Week by www.championshipfastpitch.com:

Title: The Perfect Game

Type: Pitching Drill

Emphasis: Location

The Perfect Game is a drill we conduct with our pitchers to help
develop consistency when throwing to specific locations.

The drill requires two people - a pitcher and a catcher.

The catcher creates a target (works best when a home-plate is
involved so they have a visual to work from. The catcher's targets
can be those that you assign or you can allow her to pick them
at random. (We alternate between inside / outside at the knees
for most pitches, but do
whatever you want to work on.)

The pitcher has to "perfectly" hit the target without the catcher
moving her glove more than an inch or two (we leave this up to
the catcher's discretion - she's the scorekeeper not the pitcher.)

If the target is hit, then that's 1 point for the pitcher and
if she misses then that's -1 point. The goal is to reach three
points with a running tally. A pitcher can dig a huge hole very
quickly if she isn't sharp!

Once the pitcher reaches 3 points then we move on to the next
pitch until all of her pitches have been thrown for the perfect
game.

   fastball at pmihrm.com