Team Canada continues to win at the 2007 Canada Cup International Softball tourn

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Jul 4 09:17:41 EDT 2007

From:  <wendydobbin(at)sympatico.ca>

Subject:  Team Canada continues to win at the 2007 Canada Cup
International Softball tourn

For Immediate Release:
July 3, 2007, Surrey, British Columbia

Team Canada continues to win at the 2007 Canada Cup International
Softball tournament.

After getting behind in the top of the first inning, Team Canada
worked for five runs in the bottom of the frame. Chasing the
Georgia Wilson Selects starting pitcher from the game in the
bottom of the first inning the Canadian team was not finished
there. Team Canada took advantage of a couple of Georgia miscues
and ended up scoring 8 runs on 9 hits. Sheena Lawrick and Noemie
Marin contributed two hits each to the offensive effort.
“We are really trying to take our offense to another level says
head coach Lori Sippel, and making adjustments in the box is
the first step. I felt that the team did a nice job competing
at the plate and adjusted well to the three pitchers faced. Defensively,
Dione and Tamra settled in a finished strong. “
In five innings of work, Meier gave up just two hits while striking
out 8 Georgia Wilson Select players. One of the two hits was
from the Canadian World University Games member Jennifer Yee
who is playing for the Georgia team in this years event.
Canada now 4-0 takes on Venezuela on Wednesday night at 6:30
pm at Softball City in Surrey BC. Venezuela is one of the teams
that will compete in the softball tournament at the 2007 Pan
American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil starting in a few weeks.

For more information please contact:

Wendy Dobbin
Women’s National Team Coordinator
Softball Canada