Fastpitch a labour of love

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Jul 30 17:13:11 EDT 2008

From:  "Roger Legendre" <er_legendre(at)sympatico.ca>

Subject:  Fastpitch a labour of love

                                              FAST A LABOR OF
LOVE

  For several years now two fine gentlemen in fast have given
up their free time to help develop young ladies in Greater Sudbury's
Ladies Minor Softball Program ..In one case for Mickey Chartrand(pitcher
for the present Garson Hounds of the Rick McDonald Memorial Fastball
League a long time veteran of men's fastball going back to the
80's , he mostly works with the young pitchers helping them develop
a whip , a control and in some cases for the stronger ones a
variety of pitches such as curves , risers and drops.Last year
Mickey brought down South a group of young ladies to participate
in a houseleague tournament in Brampton Ontario.It was a first
experience for the ladies and they held on to their own.This
year three groups of ladies from novice to midget will be traveling
to southern Ontario in late August.

   Let me turn my attention to Junior Ilnitski now.Junior is
the player coach of the Dog House North Stars which are the 2007
defending league champs of the Rick McDonald Memorial Fastball
League .Junior's daughter Cloe has been playing softball/fastpitch
for a few years now and dad Junior coaches her and her teamates.Junior
has a way about him where he works on fundamentals with the ladies
such as keeping an eye on the ball when in the batting box;running
the bases and making the turn;covering your position properly
and helping out each other.Its always done with encouragement
and never do we hear from both men any negatism.Its always positive
and through that positive attitude the young ladies thrive and
enjoy softball.

                                   Our hats are off to both Mickey
Chartrand and Junior Ilnitski !

                                               Yours in fastball