FW: MAKE IT EIGHT IN A ROW FOR DC FASTBALL

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Oct 6 00:42:00 EDT 2010

Durham Lords Media Release
Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Make it eight in a row for DC fastball

Women’s Fastball: Durham defeated Conestoga 8-2

KITCHENER, Ont. – The Durham College women’s fastball team won
their eighth straight OCAA game on Tuesday night as they defeated
Conestoga 8-2 in Kitchener.

The Lords are perfect during the 2010 regular season with an
8-0 record. St.. Clair College is in second place with a 7-2
record.

Freshmen Nicole McCoy got the start for Durham on the mound and
pitched four strong innings, allowing two runs on three hits.
The Whitby native confused the Condor hitters all night as eight
of her 12 outs were strikeouts. Amanda Gallen pitched three shutout
innings in relief.

Erin Dewey of Port Hope is making a strong case to win her third
straight OCAA MVP award as she had three more hits in the win.
Coming into the game, Dewey had a .636 average which was tops
in the province. Sam Roelofsen and Kayla MacLean also had multi-hit
games.

Durham’s defence was shining on Tuesday night as they turned
two double plays.

“The team plays hard every time we take to the field,” said head
coach Jim Nemish. “Timely hitting combined with strong defensive
play has been the key to our success. However, we still have
a lot of games to play in order to achieve our goals.”

The Lords will have a busy week ahead of them as return home
for a doubleheader against the Condors on Thursday (6/8 p.m.).
The team will turn around and head to Saskatoon for the Canadian
Collegiate Fastball National Championship that runs from October
9-11.

Durham College is also proud to host the OCAA women’s fastball
championship from October 15-16, 2010 at Durham Field on Campus.

A QUICK LOOK AT THE DURHAM LORDS
Overall Record: 11-2
Conference Record: 8-0

Next Home Game: Thu. Oct. 7 vs. Conestoga (6/8 p.m.) *Seniors
Night

-30-

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Scott Dennis
Sports Information and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College & UOIT Athletics
905.721.2000 Ext. 2784 (P)
905.721.3117 (F)
scott.dennis at dc-uoit.ca <http://www.durhamlords.com/news/10-11news/UrlBlockedError.aspx