FW: SEEKING CANpitch PROGRAM HOSTS FOR 2011!

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Dec 8 11:01:38 EST 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:   Carly Laxton
                    (416) 426-7150
                    claxton at softballontario.ca

DATE:          December 8, 2010

SOFTBALL ONTARIO SEEKS HOSTS FOR THE CANpitch PROGRAM IN 2011!

NORTH YORK, ONTARIO- Softball Ontario is now accepting applications
for interested hosts of the new national pitching program CANpitch.
Each individual session is designed for six (6) weeks of training
with a Regional Pitching Instructor who has been trained by Softball
Canada’s Master Pitching Instructors. CANpitch is Softball Canada`s
national pitching program created to provide a nationally standardize
curriculum based on Softball Canada`s Long-Term Player Development
(LTPD) framework for effective teaching at each level.

In the past, few Canadian softball players have been exposed
to the pitching position which is one reason why the CANpitch
Program is being implemented. CANpitch will assist in producing
more skilled pitchers in Ontario and increase the level of talent
and competition in the younger ages of Softball by identifying
key drills that reinforce the proper mechanics and teach the
fundamental skills of pitching. The CANpitch Program focuses
on players (and coaches/parents) who have little to no pitching
experience and provides a vehicle to enhance the development
of pitching skills and knowledge across Canada at the grassroots
level.

In 2010, the CANpitch Program was delivered successfully in Ontario
and allowed 208 pitchers, who have learned the basic fundamentals,
to say: “Hey Coach, I can pitch an inning or two!”

Why Use the CANpitch Program?
The CANpitch program is all about the quality of instruction
for all of our participants. Focused on teaching the pitchers
the fundamentals at a more personal level, each participant will
have more one on one time per hour session than at their local
associations open pitching clinics. The ratio of participant
to instructor is 6-10:1, which will allow for more assistance
and focus with each participant per hour time slot.

Softball Ontario has trained Regional Pitching Instructors from
all over Ontario who will help to ensure that the program is
available to associations spread throughout our province. For
six weeks, participants will learn pitching fundamentals to help
increase the overall quality of their individual pitching skills
and learn from instructors who have been trained to ensure the
best. Please note that each Instructor has the ability to evaluate
each pitcher during the first training session and if they feel
the basic fundamentals are not there and the participant has
signed up for a higher level, they will look to bring them back
down to the appropriate stage. This allows the participant to
begin correctly in the progressive program, which in turn, builds
a better foundation for their future pitching skills.

CANpitch Training Session Stages

FUNdamentals Stage – 1 hour, 1 x per week (6 weeks total)
Provides each participant with the proper instruction on grip,
wrist snap, arm rotation, and stride (should be a priority).

Learn to Train Stage – 1 hour, 1 x per week (6 weeks total)
Has participants rebuilding their fundamental mechanics and additionally
focuses on the coordination of the arms and legs, the power line
and throwing strikes (should be a priority). Ideally for ages
8-12 years old.

** Please Note: The CANpitch Program is a progressive curriculum
which means that many, if not all, participants who are starting
the program for the first time will start at the FUNdamentals
Stage. This will allow our nationally trained instructors to
better evaluate and service each pitching individually. If the
instructor feels that the participant understands and are capable
of delivering the fundamentals they will look to further their
skills and move them up to the Learn to Train Stage.

The CANpitch Program is based on weekly drills and while our
Instructors understand that emergencies come up, we expect ALL
participants (and parents) to be committed to 6-weeks of training
for 1-hour per week. The Program is designed to teach our grassroots
level participants the proper techniques and fundamentals of
pitching and Softball Ontario wants all our participants to develop
a solid foundation ready to pitch during the season.

How Can You Host?
To become a Host of a 6-week training program Softball Ontario
must receive a COMPLETED Bid Form Application with the mandatory
$100.00 (plus applicable taxes) deposit no later than 2 weeks
before your first desired training date. All 6-week training
sessions are subject to availability of a Regional Pitching Instructor
during the desired time period.

How to Submit your Bid Application Form
1. Complete and sign the Bid Application Form - Located on the
Web: http://www.softballontario.ca/content/view/440/172/
2. Include the required total deposit of $100.00 (basic deposit
+ hst) per Host.
3. Forward to the Softball Ontario office at least 2 weeks prior
to your potential starting date!

Program Costs

CANpitch Training Session Stage
 Cost per 6-Week Training Session
 Minimum # of Participants per Location

FUNdamentals Stage
 $75.00*
 Twelve (12)

Learn to Train Stage
 $75.00*
 Twelve (12)

*Fee Subject to H.S.T.  = $84.75 EACH participant.

Please review the CANpitch Program section on the Softball Ontario
Website for additional Host Responsibilities: www.softballontario.ca.
Successful applicants will be contacted with more details regarding
the CANpitch Program shortly after Softball Ontario has received
your Bid Application. For more information about the CANpitch
Program, or Hosting responsibilities, please contact Carly Laxton
by phone at (416) 426-7150 or by email at claxton at softballontario.ca
..

-30-

Softball Ontario is the governing body for the sport of softball
in Ontario. Our goal is to promote and develop the sport of softball
for its athletes, officials and volunteers by providing programs
and services at all levels of competitions

   fastball at pmihrm.com